AliExpress Dropshipping Center: Everything You Need to Know
You have most likely heard about the AliExpress dropshipping center by now, and you’re probably wondering how it works, how to access it and whether its even beneficial.
This guide will cover all of those points plus some product research tips using the AliExpress Dropshipping Center.
What is AliExpress?
AliExpress is a Chinese based, business-to-consumer online shopping platform where overseas customers can purchase goods from sellers based in China and a few countries based in Asia and Europe.
AliExpress is owned by the Alibaba Group, the founders of the business-to-business platform Alibaba.
The biggest difference between AliExpress and Alibaba is:
- AliExpress is business-to-consumer (b2c), sellers sell directly to customers and have no minimum order requirements.
- Alibaba is business-to-business (b2b), suppliers sell to business owners and usually have minimum order requirements.
Despite being a business-to-consumer platform, AliExpress is often used for dropshipping by eCommerce stores.
Other platforms like WordPress are used for eCommerce stores that are dropshipping with WooCommerce.
Due to the increasing number of eCommerce stores using the dropshipping business model, AliExpress launched the AliExpress Dropshipping Center to help business owners find new products for their dropshipping stores.
What Is The AliExpress Dropshipping Center? How Does It Work?
AliExpress Dropshipping Center, also known as AliExpress Dropshipper Center or AliExpress Dropshipping Booster Program, is a free dropshipping tool that aims to make dropshipping with AliExpress easier.
You can use the AliExpress Dropshipping Center to find new dropshipping products on AliExpress, and analyze each product to see it’s daily sales volume and logistics reliability rating.
The AliExpress Dropshipping Center also helps you to find new dropshipping suppliers on AliExpress, every time you analyze a product you can see the suppliers store link under the Store section.
How To Access The AliExpress Dropshipping Center
Now that you have an idea of how AliExpress Dropshipping Center works, the next step is actually accessing the service.
The easiest way to access the AliExpress Dropshipping Center is by signing up directly. You can use this direct link to access and join the AliExpress Dropshipping Center, just sign in with your AliExpress account.
You can access the AliExpress Dropshipping Center at anytime by clicking on My Account in the top right corner, then clicking on My AliExpress.
If you don’t see My Account, click on My Orders instead…
Then click on My AliExpress on the next page.
The AliExpress Dropshipping Center tab will always be visible on your My AliExpress page.
Note: If you don’t have an AliExpress account, follow the steps below to create one. If you already have an AliExpress account, skip this step.
Create an AliExpress Account (if you don’t have one)
The very first thing you need to access the AliExpress Dropshipping Center of course is an AliExpress account, which is free and easy to setup. To create an AliExpress account, go to AliExpress, then in the top right corner click My Account and click Join.
Once you are signed into your AliExpress account you can check your Account page to see if the AliExpress Dropshipping Center tab is activated. To do this, go to Account in the top right corner, then click on My AliExpress.
How To Use The AliExpress Dropshipping Center For Product Research
Find new products to dropship is simple with the AliExpress Dropshipping Center. You can search hot selling products, check a products daily sales volume and see it’s sales performance.
Inside your AliExpress Dropshipping Center, you’ll see the following sections:
- Dashboard – See your dropshipper level, latest announcements and daily metrics (dropshipping orders placed etc.)
- Find Products to Sell – Search through AliExpress’s best selling products, search for products using images or browse sponsored products.
- Product Analysis – Analyze dropshipping products on AliExpress to see it daily sales volume.
- Apps – Add dropshipping apps to help you sell better (Dsers, ANTDIY and Topsder).
In the next section we’ll be focusing on the “Find Products to Sell” and “Product Analysis” sections for product research.
Find Winning Products to Sell with AliExpress Dropshipping Center
If you’re looking for popular or trending products to dropship from AliExpress, the AliExpress Dropshipping Center makes this easier for you.
Once inside the AliExpress Dropshipping Center, click on Find Products to Sell and this will take you a page with a tab labelled “Hot Selling”. On this page you will see a list of the best selling products on AliExpress.
You want to sort these products by Orders so you can see the products with the most orders first, so click on Orders then choose a country (United States for example).
Under the Hot Selling section in AliExpress Dropshipping Center, you’ll see the number of orders for each product, the number of dropshipping orders, its product rating and sales performance. You also have the option to Analyze each product, we’ll get into this feature later.
AliExpress Dropshipping Center gives you the option to sort hot selling products based on Delivery Time and Price range.
The Delivery Time filter lets you sort products based on how fast you want it to arrive at the destination country, whilst the Price filter lets you set a minimum and maximum buying price.
Delivery times depend on the shipping method you choose, for example I chose less than 10 Days and clicked on the first product. On the product page I clicked on the delivery section to see all of the shipping methods.
I took the above screenshot on November 10th 2020, and this is what we can see:
- The fastest shipping option is actually 16 Days (Nov. 26) which is longer than the 10 days stated
- The fastest shipping option will cost over $50 for this product
- Free Shipping will take over a month for this product
So if you sort products based on delivery time, remember that faster shipping times are more likely to come with a price. The actual shipping times could be a bit longer too.
You should also keep in mind that estimated shipping times are not set in stone. Products can actually arrive a lot quicker (or slower) than the actual time stated.
This could be the reason why I saw a product with an estimated delivery time of 16 days, despite filtering for products that ship in less than 10 days.
Below is a summary of of all the filtering options you can use to find dropshipping products on AliExpress.
Using the AliExpress Dropshipping Center you can sort products based on the following filters:
- Delivery Time – Sort products based on your chosen delivery times.
- Price (Min – Max) – Only show products which match the minimum and maximum prices you set.
- Exclusive DS Price – Show products with exclusive discounts for dropshippers by AliExpress sellers.
- ePacket – Only show products that offer ePacket shipping.
- Free Shipping – Only show products that offer free shipping.
- Video – Only show products with product videos.
- Best Match – If you use the search bar, Best Match will show the most relevant products.
- Orders – Sort products based on the number of orders that have been placed.
- DS Orders – Sort products based on the number of orders placed by dropshippers.
- Price – Sort results based on the price of the products.
- Recently Added – Sort results based on the most recently added products.
- Rating – Sort AliExpress products based on product ratings.
Earlier we briefly touched on the Analyze button that appears on the product list under Actions, if you click on it you will be taken to taken the Product Analysis page. I chose to analyze the AliExpress product with the “Top-Rated” sales performance rating.
On the Product Analysis page, the AliExpress Dropshipping Center provides the following information for you:
- Daily Sales Volume – Graph showing the daily sales volume, rated from 0-100.
- Logistics Reliability – The reliability of the suppliers order fulfilment (delivery times, inventory etc.)
- Store – Direct link to the suppliers store.
You can analyze any AliExpress product by copying the product page link and pasting it into the Product URL box. This is very useful for finding out the daily sales volume of any product you come across on AliExpress.
The actual number of sales isn’t shown with the Product Analysis tool, instead you’re given a number between 0 – 100. The higher the number, the higher the sales volume.
Logistics Reliability shows you the chance of the product coming on time, taking into account the suppliers order fulfilment history. If you want to check out the suppliers AliExpress store, you can click on the store name under the Store section.
Find Dropshipping Products on AliExpress with the Search by Image tool
On the Find Products to Sell page, you have another tab called Search by Image.
This lets you search for dropshipping products on AliExpress by uploading an image. This too is very similar to how Google image search works.
I uploaded a picture of a thermometer to the AliExpress Dropshipping Center to test it:
As you can see, the search results are all thermometers, just like the one in the image I uploaded. You can try the image search yourself with items you have in your house, maybe you have a winning product lying around somewhere.
AliExpress Dropshipping Center: Sponsored Products
Viewing Sponsored Products inside the AliExpress Dropshipping Center is a good way to spot new product opportunities. Sponsored products are basically adverts for dropshipping products, paid for by the suppliers.
If a supplier is willing to invest money into paid advertising, that’s a good sign that you are looking at a trending product.
Click on an advert, then copy and paste the product page URL into the Product Analysis tool to check it’s daily sales volume.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a list of frequently asked questions related to the AliExpress Dropshipping Center. If you have any questions yourself, leave it in the comment section at the end of this post.
How do I contact dropshipping suppliers on AliExpress?
You can contact dropshipping suppliers on AliExpress in three ways:
- On the product page click on “Store Home”.
- Inside the AliExpress Dropshipping Center, go to Find Prodcuts to Sell, then click on Analyze on the product you like. On the next page click on the store link under “Store”
- Similar Method 2. Inside the AliExpress Dropshipping Center, go to Product Analysis, and paste the product page link into the Product URL box. Once the product data has loaded, click on the store link under “Store”.
Each method will take you the product store page. Once there, hover over the store name, then click on “Contact US”.
On the contact page you simply write your message and begin a chat session with your dropshipping supplier.
Is AliExpress Dropshipping Center worth it?
AliExpress Dropshipping Center is worth it for any serious dropshipper. The product research tools and dropshipping discounts will definitely be useful for any dropshipping store.
I hope you found this guide helpful, if you did, feel free to share it with anyone who might find it useful. If you have any questions about AliExpress or dropshipping, leave a comment below.
If you want to learn how to start dropshipping with AliExpress, I recommend checking out the following guides:
- Shopify Dropshipping Store Setup with AliExpress (Video Guide)
- How to Start a Shopify Dropshipping Store with AliExpress (Complete Guide)
Don’t forget to join the HomeGrown Income Newsletter below for more guides and business lessons sent straight to your inbox.